SIOR, CCIM – Vice President
Erik has resided in Texas since 1974. Raised in Abilene and a graduate of Abilene High School, Erik went on to receive his BA in Advertising from The University of Texas at Arlington. First exposure to real estate came after becoming licensed in 1990. After 12 years serving as General Manager of a local retail/wholesale company, he joined Paul Johnson & Associates in February 2004. During the first two years with the company, he achieved a Masters equivalent in commercial real estate Finance by earning his CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) in Vancouver, British Columbia. In February 2007 he earned his Texas Real Estate Brokers License. In 2010 he earned his membership with the SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors). In addition to Commercial Sales, Leasing, Buyer/Tenant Representation, Erik also offers real estate investment consultation. To date he has combined total sales and leases of over $50 Million. He has more than 585 transactions totaling over 58 million square feet of property.
Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Specialty/Services:
- Buyer/Tenant Representation
- Property Tax Protest
Education, Designations and Awards:
- BA in Communication (Journalism) from The University of Texas at Arlington class of 1992
- Texas State Licensed Real Estate Salesperson since 1990
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) April 2006
- Texas State Licensed Real Estate Broker since 2007
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors) June 2010
- Abilene Chamber of Commerce Leadership Abilene class of 1998
- Rotarian of the Year 2007-2008.
Memberships and Board Positions:
- Abilene Association of Realtors – (AAR) Board of Directors / Commercial Chair
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Texas Association of Realtors (TAR)
- Abilene Chamber of Commerce - Abilene Business Council
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Abilene Industrial Foundation (AIF) Board of Directors
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
His community involvements include the Abilene Chamber of Commerce Leadership Abilene class of 1998. He is a currently on the Board of Directors of the Abilene Industrial Foundation. A current member of and served on the Board of Directors of the Rotary Club of Abilene (member since 1999) and was the 2007-2008 Rotarian of the Year. At St John’s Episcopal School 2004 – 2006 he served as President of the Board of Trustees and was also a Board Member at the Center for Contemporary Arts 2001. Erik is also a Board member of the Abilene Chamber of Commerce – Abilene Business Council; Abilene Board of Realtors – Board of Directors 2011-2014; Wine Columnist for Buffalo Gap Round Up and the Abilene Philharmonic Association. He is married to Jill and has three children: Hattie, Leif, and Hadyn. Erik enjoys spending time with family and community service.